Today in class we had more of the same. Introductions for all the people in the class. It is rather time consuming but I definitely see the value in it. Already I know the names of all the people in my class and have many personal connections and it is only the 3rd day.
Some of the insights I had today didn't necissarily come from class. One came while I was walking on campus. I stated earlier my purpose for taking this class is to be able to take a greater interest in people and create more harmonious relationships with them. All too often I get stuck in my own little world and although the things that I am studying are very worthwhile I forget to take time and effort to put others before me.
The first thing that I realized was that I need to give this class as much emphasis as my major classes. The things learned here will cascade into all aspects of my life and will enrich it greatly if I will only take the time to apply it. The application for this is to plan time tomorrow to ponder and apply how to get the most out of this and all my classes.
The second thing I learned today was that I need to take more interest in people and find out not just standard things but try to find something that will make them unique to me and really stand out. I guess I need to start treating them like people and not just another face in the crowd.
Insight #3 was from a role play that was put on for just a short time. To make a long stroy short, I realized that things that I have learned about trying to listen to people that I once had a very good handle on I now need to refresh in my mind for I don't think that I am applying them. There's always room for improvement.
Friday, January 12, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment