So most of my blog today is going to be about a little notebook that I made to carry around with me. I am used to taking with me a pocketbook on which I can record good things I learn in class, church and devotional but far too often ideas that I have for personal improvement get lost in the mass of papers and are never seen again after I write them. The way to apply what I am learning is to not just capture what I learn but to expand it so it's personal, find a specific way to apply it and then tell someone about about it.
So in the spirit of applying what I learned I made my own little spiral bound notebook with blank lined paper on one side and on the reverse is a mini worksheet that helps with each application. My idea is this: for every one page of notes that I take I should be able to get at least one good insight to apply in my life. As long as I make them very specific and time sensitive then I should be able to get more out of what I am learning.
I am counting that as my application for this class period. However, I still owe two more insights and they are thus: 1) In discussing the idea that every negative feeling in a relationship can be boiled down to fear I realized that much of my frustrations in my last relationship were founded upon fear. Insight #2 was the realization that I held the idea that I was giving much more to the relationship than my girlfriend. While this may or may not be, I was still pulled down into the trap of looking for evidence of this all the time. It is good to be able to see these things so that I can avoid them in my next relationship.
Thursday, January 18, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment